Yogi love may!
Hello! This is a challenge for beginners, truly beginners! If you want to beggin to practice yoga but don’t know how, I invite you to join me on May 1st, you only need a mat, comfortable clothing and too much positive energy!
Let’s get started:
- Mountain pose
- Chair pose
- Standing forward bend
- Downward Facing Dog Pose
- Puppy Dog Stretch Pose
- Dolphin pose
- Sphinx pose & Upward-Facing Dog pose
- Half frog pose (each leg)
- Bound angle pose
- Reclined Bound Angle Pose
- Locust Pose
- Bow pose
- Plank & Side plank pose (with knee down if you want)
- Inverted plank pose or/& table pose
- Bridge Pose
- Seated Straddle
- Child Pose
- Reclined Twist Pose
- Paschimottanasana Pose
- Seated Heart Opener Pose
- Seated side stretch pose
- Cat & Cow pose
- Trikonasana pose
- Reverse Triangle Pose (each side)
- Wide Legged Standing Forward Fold Pose
- parsva prasarita padottanasana (each side)
- Warrior I & Warrior II
- Low lunge pose & High Lunge
- Extended Side Angle Pose (each side)
- Tree pose
- Mountain Pose back bend
How you can participate in the challenge:
- Post your photo of the day on tumblr and tag it with #yogilovemay I will be tracking the tag and liking/commenting/reblogging them.
(Optional) You can also tag me #yogipeach in your posts too
- In each of your posts, include a note about something you love or like about yourself or your personality.
- yogilovemay it will be on instagram too.
So the intention of yogilovemay it’s to share what we love about ourselfs, too many times we share what we love, but sometimes we are so hard on ourselfs that we don’t see how much we love our body or personality, so I thought that it would be nice sentiment to bring into may challenge. This can help carry you through your time on the mat, and you’ll see your body and yourself very different, because you’ll stop judging yourself and your body.
Remember to have fun, breathe, and enjoy your time on the mat, so please do not force your body into a certain pose if you do not feel ready. Remember try to enjoy it, we are not trying to do yoga perfectly. Please don’t be discouraged if you have trouble with the pose of the day; message me and i´ll be more than happy to help you. Please enjoy this month’s challenge and I’m so excited to practice with you. I can’t wait to see all of your posts!
hosted by Savannah!
Look guys! Savannah is hosting a challenge in May! Great beginning poses for those of you that are wanting to get in to yoga and are a bit intimidated by some of the more complicated challenges. You should definitely check it out.